Leidos is seeking an experienced HRIS Technical Lead who will be responsible for the technical implementation and deployment of a new HR management system at Veterans Affairs, as part of the VA Human Capital IT Modernization program. Successful Technical Leads for this position have an understanding of end-to-end functional HR business processes, have demonstrated experience implementing HR platforms such as Oracle and Workday, have a product management mindset, know how to translate business problems into software and technical requirements, and are Well versed with Agile development practices.
This position requires the ability to obtain a National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI) clearance.
- Serve as subject matter expert on HRIS system capabilities.
- Organize the project team for optimal technical resource utilization.
- Allocate tasks and responsibilities along vertical and horizontal lines within the team, both across Leidos and subcontractor staff, monitor progress, and assist in finding solutions to problems.
- Deploy Agile processes in alignment with the VA’s Agile methodology (VIP) and work closely with the customer’s technical management to introduce best industry practices.
- Ensure technical tasks are completed on time, within budget and in accordance to SLAs and quality metrics.
- Monitor the creation of deliverables and perform final quality assurance prior to customer submission.
- Act as coach for the technical team.
- Contribute to the development of the Transition-In Plan.
- Provide input for project management and risk management activities.
- Participate in the VA’s authorization and approval process (ATO, ATC, MOU, & etc.) for solutions and services.
- Provide technical oversight to the teams performing the following tasks:
- Data management and data governance
- Human centered design
- Business analysis
- System governance and implementation
- Application performance monitoring
- Service level agreements
- Infrastructure engineering/system interfaces
- Cloud and privacy
- Technology assessment and evaluation
- System security
- 508 compliance
- Software development lifecycle support
- Operational requirements
- System implementation and O&M
- HRIS solution implementation experience (Oracle, Workday) to include planning, implementing/tailoring, interface development, migrating, and transitioning an existing solution to a new solution
- Well versed with all aspects of enterprise application development on HR platform having worked in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle. Understands the nuances of building scalable applications such as Security, Data Management including large data migrations, Integrations, Deployment etc.
- Proven leadership skills delivering large scale deployments
- Familiar with DODAF Framework
- Ability to manage Vendors
- Familiarity with multiple technologies and proven ability to explore new technologies and drive automation an innovation.
- Ability to communicate end user feedback to technical and design leads
- Proven knowledge of industry standards
- Strong communication skills
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Communication, or other relevant field
- Minimum of 10 years total experience including five years senior level experience in Project Management
BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
Substitutions to Education
- 12 years’ relevant experience + Master’s degree may be substituted for education
- 10 years total experience including five years senior level experience in Information Technology management
- Prior experience leading large system development, implementation and integration efforts at Veterans Affairs
- 10-20% of the time
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.