Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a junior/mid level Business Analyst who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor-Owned Utility client. The successful candidate will assist with some of our emerging technology deployment work and automation process mapping. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
Primary Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
- Analyzing, evaluating, and documenting business processes
- Gathering key requirements from stakeholders and producing useful reports and analysis
- Facilitating meetings and presenting reports, analysis, or findings
- Documenting and effectively communicating the results of your efforts
- Documenting, implementing, and maintaining standard operating procedures
- Validate that the solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Develop a thorough understanding of business processes, best practices, and available supporting technology & documentation.
- Assist with obtaining document samples and test data and creating mockups for testing if needed for specific use cases related to deployments.
- Assist with creating business cases
- Process Mapping – Responsible for documenting business processes, developing valuation estimates to support automation development, technical mapping and solutioning the expanding Intelligent Automation solution set (expansion from RPA to low code, intelligent document processing, chat, etc.).
- Facilitate end-to-end process mapping sessions and drive teams to re-design processes to be more efficient, including the application of technology for further automation.
- Develop valuation estimates for automation opportunities and present and propose to senior management for approval.
- Collects data from Continuous Improvement Business Partners and Business SMEs to support identifying, submitting, and evaluating automation opportunities including processes to support Automation Lifecycle phases from registration through delivery.
- Provide regular status updates to management regarding the status of automation efforts and escalate issues to management as necessary.
- Assist with RFP (Request for Proposal) activities.
- Coordination of RFP activities and responses.
- Setting up demos.
- Contract & SLA activities.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar field. High school diploma with an additional 4 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 4+ years of related experience
- Substantial process mapping experience
- Experience with process optimization
- Must be self-driven and have demonstrated the ability to work independently with minimum guidance
- Demonstrated multitasking ability, problem solving skills and a consistent record of on time delivery and customer service
- Excellent organizational skills
- Explains technical solutions, practices, and procedures to technical resources, project managers, and customers at various levels through excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge and experience with process management tools and methodologies
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing events and priorities
- Capable of meeting deadlines
- Focused on controls & customer outcomes, demonstrates a sense of urgency
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented. Strong sense of accountability
- Strong collaboration and relationship management knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Well-organized with strong communication, facilitation, presentation, and creative problem-solving skills; Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated experience consulting with business SMEs & leaders, including identifying needs, developing deliverables, and presenting results/recommendations to enable outcomes
- Knowledge of intelligent automation and cognitive platforms, including Automation Anywhere preferred
- Active PMP Certification preferred
- Utility experience preferred
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.