Seeking a software engineer to perform as one of the senior developers supporting the FBI’s Next Generation Identification (NGI) system. NGI is a multi-modal biometric identification and investigative system. NGI offers stage-of-the-art biometric identification services. These services include fingerprint search algorithm; a rapid response capability; Palm-Print capability; Latent capability; legacy workflow and criminal history repository; and facial recognition searches and Rapback.
As a senior member of the team, the candidate will be expected to support design, development, and implementation of software and related troubleshooting. Development will be performed in quarterly Program Increments (PIs) comprised of several sprints. Developers are responsible for managing their assigned features and stories and are expected to support PI Planning and related business cycle activities.
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Serves as a team leader on projects.
- Instructs, assignees, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
- Performs concept and requirements analyses in support of all corrective, adaptive, and perfective changes to the system.
- Designs and executes component and system tests.
- Assist in providing architecture and design work as well as hands-on lab integration and test in a Research & Development environment.
- Provide expert, independent systems engineering services and leadership in specialized technical areas.
- Coordinates with contractor and Government management to ensure that the task have been properly defined and that proposed solution(s) meet Government requirements.
- Participate in program standup meetings to discuss system status, technical issues, or coordinate production system changes
- 12+ years experience in software development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
- Top Secret Clearance Required
- Systems Engineering, or related equivalent.
- Strong Software development skills to include creation of requirements from customer ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement, integrate, and troubleshoot applications (small to medium size development), under minimal direction, in a Linux and Windows environment.
- Use of standard project management techniques to include AGILE and standard project management methodologies
- Experience developing with Java.
- Experience developing in AWS.
- Communications & Management Skills:
- Possess superior oral and written communication skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues and ideas to team members, management and customers.
- Experience creating operating instructions and technical engineering documents
- Capable of working with customers and ability to mentor team mates
- Working knowledge and development experience in a Linux environment (Redhat and CENTOS).
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.