Global Solutions Management – Operations II (GSM-O II), a Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Operations Engineer at MacDill AFB, FL.
The Network Operations Engineer will support the GSM-O program which provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
• Provide technical support for the design, implementation, and integration of network changes and sustainment.
• Assist in the planning and performing of analytical research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
• Perform various complex software development tasks.
• Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes.
• Mitigate risks, control costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects.
• Perform a variety of analytical tasks which include the hardware and software design and implementation utilizing various facility equipment.
• Provide mentorship and act as a technical resource for lower level network engineers on the team.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4-8 years of overall related experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or equivalent to meet requirement.
• Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.
• Experience with Palo Alto firewalls, F5 appliances, and Splunk systems
• Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using at least one of the following routing methods: BGP, ISIS or OSPF, Static routing.
• Experience with either service provider or enterprise IP networks using an interface on Cisco (ESR and ASR) and/or Juniper routers.
• Experience with ports and protocols.
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
• Equally proficient in Juniper and Cisco configuration, troubleshooting, and design.
• Experience with Cisco IOS XR, JUNOS, and Cisco IOS codes.
• Pearl or other language scripting capable of running backup confits and other scripting to pull information from Cisco/Juniper routers
• IPSEC configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
• MPLS configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
• IPV6 configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
• Security certification and/or knowledge of DDoS and other attack vectors experienced in today' networks.
• Crypto configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
• Layer 2/3 VPN and Firewall knowledge and experience.
• Physical cable plant and wiring experience.
• Certifications with major network system vendors such as Cisco are a strong plus.
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
• Extensive network integration experience for a variety of network protocol standards.
• Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
• Familiarization of DOD regulations and directives.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.