Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The NISC IV program has an opening for a Technical Trainer to support the Federal Aviation Administration. The Technical Trainer will provide facility and technical training support services in a wide range of areas supporting the National Airspace System (NAS) implementation programs for the Office of Facility Management at the FAA Mike Monroney Aeronautical. Responsibilities will include creating technical training documentation and developing course materials for both classroom instruction and e-learning of the system modules and user benefits.
Specifically, the applicant will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Adobe Captivate experience preferred or experience with other similar software used for e-learning content development
- Comfortable and proficient with recording Audio narration for e-learning training sessions
- Experience developing training content, including training slides, Closed Captioning, Menus, Quizzes, Video Demos, and Interactive Software Simulation within Captivate / e-learning systems
- Familiarity with using SCORM data elements for use in creating content for a Learning Management System.
- Technical writing experience – translating detailed/complex system instructions into easy to understand step-by-step guides for users.
- Proficient in PowerPoint presentation development.
- Comfortable presenting instructor-led training to users in a classroom setting and/or web meetings.
- Experience documenting business processes/needs into system requirement presentations and documentation.
- Graphic Design skills.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems and Course/User Interface Design.
- Experience providing user support.
- Attention to detail, consistency, and standards.
- Desire and ability to learn new information in a quick and efficient manner.
- Possess strong work ethic and organizational skills, with the ability to be flexible, work under deadlines and handle multiple projects.
- Must have strong English grammar and writing skills alongside technical aptitude.
- Knowledge of facility management concepts and/or ARCHIBUS or other Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) such as Tririga or Maximo is beneficial
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.