Leidos is looking for a dynamic, detail-oriented, and creative Technical Trainer to support Service Desks (SDs), in Albuquerque, NM or Clinton, MS.
The right candidate will enhance the effectiveness of the workforce with technical and customer service training through design, development, delivery, testing, and evaluation. You will work with management and operations to support business needs for a wide variety of materials and program needs. You will update policies and procedures; maintain artifacts and programs; and identify and develop new and relevant training. Your expertise in adult learning principles and organizational skills will ensure the instructional integrity and efficacy of training. This is a unique opportunity to help shape the future of training solutions across Leidos support services.
- Use performance and productivity assessment of the audiences to determine knowledge and skill gaps
- Implement effective/purposeful training methods, including classroom, virtual, web-based, and individual self-study
- Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) across IT, management and operations and other groups to support training
- Collaborate with management and SMEs to plan training effort for future changes, procedures, systems, and applications that affect the SDs
- Set instructional standards and ensure curricula are designed to match those standards
- Establish standards for training processes and products, including program administration, course outlines, text, handouts, hands-on exercises, testing, and training evaluations
- Adhere to training delivery standards and provide training improvement feedback
- Deliver training as needed across multiple SDs
- Develop individualized and group training programs that address specific business needs
- Assist management with resources and technologies required to develop, manage and deliver training
- Assess existing training to identify outdated or irrelevant content, gaps in training/skills, and development opportunities for a dispersed workforce
- Improve data management of existing training content via a centralized training repository and work to standardize similar custom training packages
- Establish a calendar of training requests to ensure both efficient use of resources and timely delivery of training
- Provide lessons learned feedback and training results from participants to ensure it is meeting business needs, and improving training execution and effectiveness
- Drive Leidos’ mission and values through all training and communication activities
- Flexible work environment to deliver training during standard and non-standard hours, including evening and weekends
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed to support the organization
- Bachelors degree with 2+ years of training delivery experience. High school diploma with additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Successful completion of a Public Trust security clearance investigation, prior to your start date with Leidos
- Ability to maintain a Public Trust security clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Prior experience developing and delivering technical instructional content, preferably in a Service Center environment
- Experience using telephony and ticketing systems, preferably CXone and ServiceNow
- Proven experience as an instructional designer in multiple delivery modalities, for multiple target audiences
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle using ADDIE, Design Thinking, Agile, and/or other model with ability to assess needs, design, plan, develop, coordinate, implement, monitor and evaluate
- Critical thinker with strategic and creative mindset, along with innovative problem solving skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to adapt in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Proven ability to work across multiple levels of an organization
- Excellent delivery and facilitation skills, and a true inborn desire to aid others in learning
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to appeal to a diverse audience
- Highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Office Suite or M365 and ability to troubleshoot and assist with new hire equipment, token and system access set up
Desired Education & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience as a Tier 1 or Tier 2 agent or supervisor in a Service Desk or Call Center
- Certifications from the Association for Talent Development and/or the International Society for Performance Improvement desirable
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and eLearning content applications, such as, Adobe Captivate and Articulate 360
- Experience with robust and dynamic start ups and new hire orientations
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.