Graduate Finance Analyst
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?..
Leidos Europe is looking for a Graduate Finance Analyst to join the UK team based in Bristol. Leidos works closely with its customers to provide ongoing support and services to multiple public sector organisations. This role is primarily concerned with Leidos Europe’s largest contract, which supports the UK MoD’s procurement, storage and distribution activities.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The role offers the opportunity to work on cross functional teams; interfacing with, Programme Management, Scheduling, Distribution and Procurement Cost Management, Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis.
The individual will need to demonstrate enthusiasm, determination, an ability to build productive relationships across diverse skillsets and ultimately will need to deliver on time and to a high quality in a fast paced dynamic environment. It is important that the individual has a ‘team player’ mind-set, as sharing knowledge with existing members of the highly skilled Finance Team will be critical to success. Opportunities for professional development with external accreditations are also available for further career development.
- Act as the primary interface between HR and Finance to ensure:
- Accurate forecasting of labour
- Accurate forecasting of FTE
- Accurate timesheet bookings
- Support with on-boarding/hiring process advising of budget availability
- Support Control Account Managers (CAM’s) providing monthly labour actual reporting and producing labour forecasts
- Full planning cycle finance analyst support for a limited scope of Leidos Defence contracts
- Support financial Estimates At Complete (EAC) in collaboration with cross-functional subject matter experts to support regular reporting and presentations to Senior Leadership
- Extracting data and compiling performance reports while assisting with preparing variance analyses
- Evaluate the potential impact of Risks and Opportunities and support operational teams to identify and implement mitigation plans driving profitability.
- Drive consistency and standardisation across the wider Leidos Finance Team, ensuring compliance to Leidos standards and requirements
- Support the development of performance metrics and management information for use by programme leadership team
- Creation of labour forecasting for both in year and outer contract forecasting.
- Posting of journal entries working with payroll and company accountant
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree in subject areas covering Mathematics, Economics, Accounting or Finance preferred
- Business (Finance) Acumen
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- IT proficient (MS Office)
- Experience with Financial Modelling using Excel
- Experience with Data Analysis with large data sets
- Experience with SQL querying desirable not essential
- Experience with tools similar to COBRA or Primavera desirable not essential
- An intent to qualify with a professional body (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
A Background in Mathematics, Modelling, Economics, Business or Finance is preferred. The successful candidate will be from a multi-disciplinary background with a proven track record of having demonstrated the key competences listed above.
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.