The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) currently has an opening for a Special Consultant to work in the Arlington, VA area to support an operational customer. This opportunity requires frequent trips to the customer site as well as various staging areas for technology demonstrations.
- Provide technical input on technology development and demonstration as it relates to customer’s primary use case as well as any potential alternative technology use-cases.
- Coordinate with customer to facilitate technology/capability demonstrations
- Gather feedback from customer around deployed technologies and provide feedback to future development efforts
- Participate in field demonstrations at the customer site to support technology deployment and serve as primary POC for technology integration.
- Communicate effectively with senior executive leadership on strategic customer engagement decisions and potential technology advancement areas that could lead to business growth.
- Masters’ Degree in a technical field (e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics) with 15+ years direct experience as an FBI Special Agent, preferably with some time as a technically trained agent, or applicable experience in Federal law enforcement.
- Work experience should be highly technical as it relates to sensor usage, communications technologies, etc.
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance.
- Experience serving as a technical instructor is preferred, especially in field operations such as Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT), Surveillance Operations, and Digital Exploitation.
- Specific operational field experience in rapid deployment situations that leverage technical sensor reconnaissance techniques.
- Additional experience serving in the US military is preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.