Leidos is looking for a System Engineer/Admin to provide leadership and SME level support with design, development and innovation to a large multiple hosting environments across multiple centers.
This position will provide unique solutions to solve problems with the hardware and software systems as well as monitor the infrastructure to ensure availability, reliability, and performance. Work with customers to define and innovate requirements, support customer needs implementing uniques and complex permissions to segregate tenants, test recovery operations, create and destroy virtual machines, add/remove/recap hosts, replace failed hardware, and other related tasks. Provide support to mission-targeted infrastructures.
- The operations of systems, network architectures (both LAN and WAN), and customer specific applications
- Analyze systems with the use of log files and system output to assist in determining where and why failures happen and with independent judgement provide solutions.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of monitoring tools.
- Supports troubleshooting with unique and out of the box thinking for problem solving using on-the-job experience, documentation (SOPs), knowledge bases, and deployed network and IT management tools.
- In addition the candidate may be requested to process specific customer support (adding routes, adding system accounts, etc.).
- Analyze official customer traffic for requirements for services for accounts
- Analyze trends, using both raw data and established metrics
- Interface with the customer in support of requirements gathering efforts
- Provide ad hoc training support
- Maintain/update accounts in the customer’s database
- Perform data collection and research; retrieve information or documents from the customer databases as well as the internet
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- MS and 15+ years of experience or a BS degree and 17+ years of prior relevant, additional experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with server driven applications and databases
- ·Experience comparing established security and availability management policies to effectively select the proper user accesses
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills, to include building and maintaining interdepartmental relationships
- Capability of briefing senior management on user account statuses
- Experience using Configuration Management best practices
- Experience reading official customer traffic Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience successfully leading development teams
Travel: May require occasional travel throughout the continental U.S.
* As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and psychological screening
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Technical Certifications are desired
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.