Leidos is looking for a Linux Admin to support with design, development and innovation to a large multiple hosting environments across multiple centers.
This position will provide unique solutions to solve problems with the hardware and software systems as well as monitor the infrastructure to ensure availability, reliability, and performance. Work with customers to define and innovate requirements, support customer needs implementing uniques and complex permissions to segregate tenants, test recovery operations, create and destroy virtual machines, add/remove/recap hosts, replace failed hardware, and other related tasks. Provide support to mission-targeted infrastructures.
- The operations of systems, network architectures (both LAN and WAN), and customer specific applications
- Analyze systems with the use of log files and system output to assist in determining where and why failures happen and with independent judgement provide solutions.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of monitoring tools.
- Supports troubleshooting with unique and out of the box thinking for problem solving using on-the-job experience, documentation (SOPs), knowledge bases, and deployed network and IT management tools.
- In addition the candidate may be requested to process specific customer support (adding routes, adding system accounts, etc.).
- Analyze official customer traffic for requirements for services for accounts
- Analyze trends, using both raw data and established metrics
- Interface with the customer in support of requirements gathering efforts
- Provide ad hoc training support
- Maintain/update accounts in the customer’s database
- Perform data collection and research; retrieve information or documents from the customer databases as well as the internet
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- BS degree and 12-15+ years of prior relevant, additional experience in lieu of degree
- Maintain Linux OS and perform updates
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, and software version testing and updates
- Provisioning and systems installations
- Provide Linux Systems Administration
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
- Collaborate in a team environment to resolve complex issues
- Qualified candidate should have good problem solving and communication skills
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 2 (Escalation) and Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Configure and manage Linux, UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to
- Build, configure, monitor and maintain virtual environments
- Build, configure, monitor and maintain storage environments
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- Support the design of systems, mission architecture and associated hardware
- Possess a working knowledge and understanding of system administration interdependencies as part of the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with server hardware, applications and software integration
Candidate should currently possess and maintain one of the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MSCE-Serv) Server Infrastructure or;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MSCE-Serv) Desktop Infrastructure or;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MSCE-Serv) Messaging or;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MSCE-Serv) Communication or;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MSCE-Serv) SharePoint or;
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional - Windows Server (MCITP – Serv) Administrator on Windows Server 8
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional - Windows Server (MCITP – Serv) Virtualization Administrator on Windows Server 8 or;
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional - MS Exchange Server (MCITP-EXG) Enterprise Messaging Admin on Exchange 2010 or;
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or;
- Linux Professional Institute -Level 2 (LPI-2) or:
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) or;
- Sun Certified Systems Administrator (SCSA) or;
- VMWare Certified Professional (Vsphere 5) (VCP5) or;
- IBM CASA Lotus Notes/Domino (LND) or;
- Computer Technology Industry Association - Storage + (Storage +)
Travel: May require occasional travel throughout the continental U.S.
* As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and psychological screening
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Technical Certifications are desired
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.