A Network Systems Engineer/Administrator Subject Matter Expert is needed to work within the Mega Center IT Team. The successful candidate will work independently maintaining the health of thin clients, servers and network architecture, including Cisco and Juniper fiber switches as well as Passive Optical LAN networks, spanning 4 floors of a contractor SCIF. As part of the hardware support, you will be repairing, upgrading, applying patches to resolve IAVA vulnerabilities. There is one unclassified Windows Domain that will require administration. A JIRA Ticketing system will be used to prioritize actions.
In this role you can expect to have significant interaction with the occupants of the building on a daily basis. Expect hands on hardware, taking down and setting up different user spaces and performing asset destruction processes.
- Researching the latest technologies and providing recommendations on future technology direction to our customer
- Extensive STE / STN work will be required.
- Maintaining and creating written documentation for the processes to maintain STE / STN for the MPO customer will be an ongoing primary role.
- Assist with compliance reporting / data generation / compliance with the customers Secure the Enterprise (STE) efforts working closely with the ISSO.
- This individual will be responsible in maintaining server/router/firewall/PON configuration, account creation, security management, and application performance optimization functions.
- Network Connectivity support which includes a local LAN enclave. TCP/IP / Subnetting and VLAN understanding and creation required.
- Troubleshooting and repair may include traveling to 3 other different sites to perform work within 6 miles radius when needed.
- Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems while off duty, on an on-call basis. This includes coverage of evenings and weekends on a rotation schedule providing network support issues as some Leidos programs operate 24X7.
- Hands-on experience and the ability to use tools to repair PCs and rack equipment required. Understanding of RAID’s and Windows Server setup, deployment and migrations. Ability to replace hardware components of a computer or server.
- Monitor and maintain health of Uninterruptible Power systems (UPS) located in multiple secure areas.
- Working with others to expand / reconfigure fiber infrastructure, which includes working in zone boxes, Data closets, and in the ceiling.
- Keep hardware and software asset lists up to date and accurate.
- Assist Programs with HS phone issues / repair.
- Asset management tracking, labeling and destruction.
- Assist in Procedure documentation creation and updates
- Maintaining Cisco unclass Phone system running Cisco OS 14 for 700 IP phones.
- Tracking of SCIF assets
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Clearance.
- BS with emphasis on Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline and 12 or more years of related experience
- A self-starter, excellent communicator as well as the ability to pay attention to detail. Some work includes many steps and the ability to handle detail is a must.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Domain Administration
- Proficiency with networking TCP/IP / VLANS / subnetting, troubleshooting IP routes.
- Proficency with VMWARE
- Proficiency with Server / external Storage configuration, ongoing maintenance.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team
- Must be able to interact effectively with Leidos End users and other System administrators.
- Maintain good Personal Hygiene.
- Must be able to obtain a SYS1 level clearance to perform high side Domain administration which includes obtaining a Network or Security certification.
- Administer, maintain and program Motorola / Arris / Tellabs Optical line terminal (OLT) and corresponding desk top optical network terminals (ONT).
- Experience with PC and Server hardware and OS maintenance.
- User of Microsoft office Word, Excel, Visio and MS Paint.
- Perform support of complex server-based enclave, including performing system scans, vulnerability management activities, and active directory configuration
- Planning and implementing IT enhancements and undertaking project work and delivering results timely and cost effectively.
- Developing and implementing migration plans and coordinating redesign efforts with the system engineering teams
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
- Providing network administrative for development, deployment, and problem identification and remediation of the Microsoft Windows enterprise network environment
- Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems while off duty, on an on-call basis.
- Working with Cabling Subcontractors to direct cabling projects.
- Must be willing to continue training on Windows domain support administrator as well as Passive Optical LANs that utilize Motorola, Tellabs or Zhone OLT / ONT architectures.
- Ability to move up to 60lbs, Racking and stacking servers, moving PC workstations, deploying phones.
- ITIL Foundation certification
- CCNA Certification.
- Security + TIA Certification.
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Facility Infrastructure experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.