Are you looking for an exciting opportunity within a rapidly growing Fortune 500 company? Leidos, Inc. is seeking a Contracts Manager to support its Integrated Missions Operation within the Civil Group. Do you believe yourself to be a highly motivated self-starter who can work independently as well as part of a highly driven team in a dynamic and exciting environment. If so, Leidos is actively searching for a candidate who will report to the Associate Contracts Director and support contract management activities associated with a diverse portfolio of contracts. The primary end user will be Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) but the Contracts Manager will also work with other federal agencies and commercial customers.
The position requires the ability provide strategies to achieve business goals while minimizing risk, maintain compliance in accordance with contract requirements, company policy and procedures, and advise program management on contractual issues/approaches. Candidate must possess strong proposal preparation skills and ability to collaborate within a larger team. The desired candidate must be able to work efficiently and independently and manage a high volume of projects with little guidance.
Please note: Based on the candidates experience this position may be 100% telework.
- Provide the oversight and evaluation of major proposals, monitoring major contracts, lead or assist in key negotiations, resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations, ensure compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- Provide cradle to grave contract management and provide contracting subject matter expertise to negotiate, author, execute, and manage contracts and agreements.
- Serve as a respected member of the program office team by being a problem-solving business partner and proactive communicator.
- Resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations, and ensure compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- Provide counsel to Program Managers as well as less experienced Contracts staff within Leidos.
- Develop strong relationships with Government customer counterparts and internal program stakeholders via clear, accurate, and regular communication.
- Regularly interact with programs, contracts, project control, finance, business development, and customers.
- Attend early capture sessions to determine specific information and requirements in order to apply the correct contracts skills, techniques, methods and resources thus meeting Leidos’, as well as the customer’s, expectations and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Be an action-oriented, self-motivator individual who can lead a team, work independently, and has strong organizational and personal skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Expert knowledge within government contracts arena with particular emphasis on proposal support.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Must have experience with all contract types and a working knowledge of FAR and DFAR Business System (Property and MMAS) compliance.
- Expert knowledge of government contracts as well as experience with municipal and commercial contracts.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding contractual problems which involve multiple issues, areas, or specialties.
- Ability to establish strong relationships externally with customer’s and internally within the Leidos community.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Experience as Contracts lead on large proposals is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Experience with Department of Energy customers and sites.
- Experience with National Nuclear Security Administration customers and security requirements.
- Experience with the Department of Energy Acquisition Regulation (DEAR).
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.