Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as an Automation Engineer ?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Automation Engineer opportunity located Blacksburg, VA with opportunities to work remotely.
Department of Defense Automation Engineer with experience advising and implementing automation solutions from design and development working onsite within a Customer Sensitive Compartment Information Facility, SCIF.
• Be a key member of a high performing Agile scrum team. Attend Agile meetings (sprint planning, daily standups, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews, etc.)
• Work with teams across 1901 group and customers to understand application development requirements for upcoming projects
• Design and implement automation through scripting and other techniques to implement cloud infrastructure and improve operational efficiencies
• Design, Build, and Maintain automation modules to improve platform deployment capabilities
• Design and implementation of cloud-based deployment solutions for enterprise applications
• Create application architectures and designs that are highly available and scalable for new customers systems and solutions to meet defined requirements
• Work across the company to deliver Cloud CI/CD infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives
• Advise on technology pairings across process discovery, automation, AI/ML and analytic tools
• Initiate engagement with customers and makes recommendations for whether to proceed with engagement.
• Drive outreach and change management strategies to increase awareness and adoption of intelligent automation across DOD, identify stakeholder needs and use cases.
• Support strategic outreach and attendance at key meetings and events.
• Performance is measured by individual contribution and quality of work as well as team interaction and collaboration.
• Candidate must have a TS/SCI clearance in order to start
• US Citizen who can maintain required DoD Security clearance.
• Must have or be able to reactivate a Department of Defense Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information clearance, DoD TS/SCI
• Ability to work in a Sensitive Compartment Information Facility, SCIF.
• Willingness to adhere to Federal COVID mandates.
• Available to work non-standard business hours including weekends or holidays as needed.
• Bachelors and 2 years’ of work experience or High School diploma or GED with 5+ years professional work experience.
• Proficient in creating technical documentation & diagrams using Visio or similar
• Familiar with tools and technologies used in automating repeatable IT functions
• Familiar with Infrastructure as Code technologies such as Terraform and Ansible
• Familiar with CI/CD tools
• Capable of working within a team and independently
• Someone with strong problem solving and decision making ability
• Detail oriented with experience interacting with customers
• 2-3 years of experience with Cloud services, AWS or Azure
• Prior SCIF work experience.
• Active or ability to reactivate a DoD TS/SCI Counterintelligence Polygraph clearance, DoD TS/SCI with CI poly.
• Experience with AI/ML and intelligent automation solutions
• Deep understanding of intelligent automation solution sets and architectures, market offerings, and real-world applications of AI-enabled RPA in commercial and public sectors
• Bachelor’s degree with 5-12 years professional work experience
• Experience working in and contributing to a Continuous Improvement work environment
• Prior experience working in high energy and fast paced work environment
• Someone who thrives in a team atmosphere and can keep their cool when work volume surges
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.