The primary mission of the United States Mint (Bureau under United States Department of Treasury) is to serve the American people by manufacturing and distributing circulating, precious metal and collectible coins and national medals, and providing security over assets entrusted to us.
Its cyber security program is one of the United States Mint’s critical needs and one of the most pressing priorities for the bureau’s Information Technology Department (ITD). The Information Technology Department is responsible for securing not only standard information technology infrastructure, but also an Industrial Control System (ICS)/Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) infrastructure. ISD is responsible for maintaining regulations and requirements governing federal IT security, addressing the increasing frequency and sophistication of cyber-attacks, and supporting an overarching effort of continuous organizational improvement and maturity. ITD maintains a continuous monitoring policy and a heightened focus on cyber security compliance and operations.
The Leidos USMINT SOC Program has a current need for a Palo Alto/Firewall engineer. This role will serve as the lead engineer to support the bureau’s efforts to deploy, configure, and manage ISD firewalls.
- Deployment, installation, configuration, and operation of Palo Alto Networks (Firewalls, Panorama, and Wildfires), and Gigamon Network Terminal Access Point (TAP).
- Incident response support including security monitoring, network and endpoint visibility, and threat management.
- Support troubleshooting Local Area Network (LAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) and other network related problems.
- Provided direct support to a Security Operation Center environment
- Participate in Proof-of-Concept efforts ranging from initial client exploratory meetings, gathering requirements, and structuring solution.
- Palo Alto Certifications – (PCNSA or higher)
- Senior Level Firewall Administration/Engineer with Networking knowledge (Palo Alto, Cisco, etc.)
- Must have firewall and network engineering experience with designing, implementation, and maintaining Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) devices such as Palo Alto and Cisco.
- Network Terminal Access Point (TAP) experience (Gigamon, IXIA)
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Firepower firewalls
- Linux experience and/or system administration
- Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) experience
- Working knowledge of network features and protocols with strong understanding of routing protocols (EIGRP/OSPF), and BGP.
- System/Network Monitoring experience
- Experience with Information Assurance (IA) hardening and compliance (STIG, CIS, documentation, etc.)
- Familiarity with task automation
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other system administrators, system engineers, and network engineers in a team environment
- Self-motivated with strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience working with Security Operations Center
- Knowledge of the Zero Trust model for security
- Experience installing and configuring a virtual environment
- Palo Alto Certifications – PCNSE
- Red Hat certification (Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or higher)
- Network Certifications, Cisco (CCNA or higher)
- CISSP Certification
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance or higher
Education & Experience:
- Technical BS degree with 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.