The primary mission of the United States Mint (Bureau under United States Department of Treasury) is to serve the American people by manufacturing and distributing circulating, precious metal and collectible coins and national medals, and providing security over assets entrusted to us.
Its cyber security program is one of the United States Mint’s critical needs and one of the most pressing priorities for the bureau’s Information Technology Department (ITD). The Information Technology Department is responsible for securing not only standard information technology infrastructure, but also an Industrial Control System (ICS)/Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) infrastructure. ISD is responsible for maintaining regulations and requirements governing federal IT security, addressing the increasing frequency and sophistication of cyber-attacks, and supporting an overarching effort of continuous organizational improvement and maturity. ITD maintains a continuous monitoring policy and a heightened focus on cyber security compliance and operations.
The Leidos USMINT SOC Program has a current need for a security engineering project analyst to provide support
- Be accountable for supporting planning, design, implantation and close out projects of security tool deployments and their results.
- Create project documentation based on pre-existing templates.
- Identify and develop relationships with project and program sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Update project status weekly and review with the Portfolio Manager, Program Manager, PMO staff, and team leads.
- Coordinate internal resources to meet project requirements, as defined by the project scope. Escalate to management any resourcing challenges.
- Maintain an active roster and organizational chart.
- Manage staffing and recruiting efforts. Run biweekly staff meetings with program leadership.
- Develop a training plan with the team leads and solicit requests from staff. Place requests to the customer and facilitate the payment and registration process with employees.
- Identify program risks and work with team to identify mitigation strategies. Escalate risks & issues in a timely manner for appropriate assistance and mitigation. Track action items and assign task owners.
- Record meeting minutes at daily customer meetings.
- Create power point presentations.
- Edit the monthly operation review charts.
- Update a Business Development tracker with new Cybersecurity bids.
- Must be a U. S. citizen with at least 4+ years of progressively responsible experience supporting executing the planning, provisioning, and delivery of IT projects.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance or higher
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively and tenaciously follow-through to ensure client success.
- Results-oriented with strong people and time management skills, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed.
- Experience working with clients with a high degree of professionalism and business acumen.
- Ability to create and edit project documents, materials, and presentations, including schedule management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Candidate must be highly motivated, proactive, organized and have the ability to manage concurrent projects and interface with external clients in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy. Must be a self-starter.
- Solid ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- PMP, CAPM, or equivalent certifications.
- Security+ (Plus) Certification - CompTIA
- Leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead in a matrixed environment.
Education & Experience:
- Requires a BS degree and 4 years prior relevant experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.